Semester Two, 2013
News from the Exec Meeting on Monday:
- Please use the following link to select when you are available next semester for our weekly meetings: http://www.doodle.com/ggutb2ax6wbxa7rd#table
- Skepchicks Group: We will be starting a subgroup for women in RSS. There are not many women in RSS and we hope to increase the numbers, we will have women at the sign up stall, start a coffee group, and perhaps start a FB group. Watch this space for details.
- Some talks in the Pipeline for next semester:
Open Culture: Why it matters; why you should care.
From Is to Ought.
Reductionism in science.
Islam 101: The history and the teachings.
Feminism: The role of Men in Feminism; Skepchik and Elevatorgate; The ethical terrain of abortion arguments.
- We will continue to have weekly meetings but also make some of these movie nights and social events rather than always having seminars/lectures.
- Future dinners will need to cost more (or fundraising?) in order to cover costs of so much pizza!
- Fundraising was considered but no firm plans have been made.
- New Exec Positions:
President: Kieran David Deane-Alder
Secretary: Zachary Ardern
Deputy Secretary: Jenny Zhi Cheng
Treasurer: Simon Wegner
Media Officer: Joshua Guilbert
Anti-Harassment Officer: Talia Sellars
(Other bureaucratic things were discussed but they are not really relevant to general members)